June 17, 2009

Ruffles on and below butts

So I haven't finished my mystery skirt. It needs to be ironed due to having been smooshed in a box for the move, and frankly, I'm just so not motivated to finish it because of my bloated and unattractive gut. Ugh, I need prune juice...
.
Anyways, Todd's brother was tossing a couple pairs of jeans that are mostly intact, so I butchered a pair. I was greatly inspired by Thorn on Craftster, who also inspired Ioukr.
.
ruffle butt jeans 1ruffle butt jeans 2
.
Oh yeeeeeeeeeah, those are some ruffle-butt jeans :D Todd thinks I have lost it. But he says that a lot. Meh :P I should have made sure they were pulled up properly before I had Todd take the picture though, as the waistband ended up in an unattractive place :P
.
Out of the top part of the jeans, I made ye olde butt apron:
.
butt apronbutt apron fabric
.
I modified missgabbielynn's method. The back of the apron is the front of the jeans with the zipper removed and the bottom of the fly taken out. I still have to put on the bib part to protect me from spatter, but I've used it already and it kept me from wiping my hands on my butt :D
.
The fabric was a gift ages and ages ago. I don't even remember if it was my Mumsie or my aunt that gave it to me. I've always been into Native culture, and so whoever gave me this proclaimed it awesome by dint of it's collection of highly-stereotypical images. So, this metre of high quality quilting-cotton covered in stereotypical Nativism from a company called R.E.D. sat in my craft supplies for lack of a non-embarrassing purpose. VOILA! Not much of anyone sees me whilst I cook :P I won't have little old Native women glaring at me as I walk down the street, for example. Cuz seriously, there's no Navajo or Sioux people in Northern Ontario. Hmm, actually, I wonder if I could find fabric with Ojibwe or Cree imagery... Then I can make a non-embarrassing purse :P
.

No comments:

Post a Comment