June 13, 2009

I'm still here! Quick refashion + 'broid

Ok, so I haven't done ALOT of sewing lately because I moved last weekend and alot of chaos still reigns in my new home. I did, however, get two things done lately:
.
double breasted jean jacket 1 - full view before
.
A friend of mine gave me this jean jacket she picked up at St. Vinny's monthly bag sale because it was a little small for her. I LOVED the look, but what is up with the shoulder???
.
double breasted jean jacket 2 - sleeve before
.
Those pleats on the sleeve cap made me look slope-shouldered, and I'm not! At all! I have broad, square shoulders. So, 20 minutes with my handy dandy stitch ripper later:
.
double breasted jean jacket 4 - full view afterdouble breasted jean jacket 3 - sleeve after
.
Much better!
.
I also finally finished a 'broidery I started in February:
.
embroidery - geisha bathing
.
I got alot of positive feedback on Craftster about it, which made me happy, since she's only my fourth real embroidery (not counting my first ever two practice pieces on a grubby-work shirt).
.
I wanted to post another 'broid I did for Todd's brother, as well as a preview of what I'm working on right now, but unfortunately the bluetooth dongle is giving me licence-issues, so I have to wait til Todd reinstalls the drivers to get the photos off the phone.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment