March 8, 2009

Christmas Times

I made all the stuff I gave as gifts this year. Todd's (my boyfriend) family got individual presents, (they make a big deal about Christmas gifts which gives me stress-ulcers, I swear). Both designs are from Urban Threads. I used photo-editing software to add the text. The knitting ninja was for Todd's mom as that is her preferred craftiness, and the martini glass was for his sister, who obviously loves a good party. They were pretty easy to make, but still, stress-ulcers. Thankfully, they both thought they were lovely.

Unfortunately, I have no photos of Todd's dad's and brother's gifts. Dad recieved a flannel shirt in an outdoorsman print (canoes, fishes, fishing equipment, various animals) and all the buttons up the front were different, in blue, green and beige. He wears it to sleep in cuz it's soft and fuzzy. The bro's gift is not even done!!!! He liked it (in a shrugging kind of way *rolls eyes*) but I still have to mount it in a frame, which is presenting difficulties because I didn't think ahead to make sure it would be a standard size. It's an embroidered picture of an FA-010S aka FAZZ from one of the Gundam series (it's his favourite mobile suit, and yes, he's a huge nerd).

The friend who introduced myself and Todd nigh on 3 years ago happens to live in the city I live in right now, so she and her fiance got a present, too:

She likes kitschy things and he's a computer-fixer-guy, so I present "HSH" in binary! LOL, I left it in their kitchen when they weren't home and it took them three phone calls to figure out who had left it for them! He figured out it was HSH but what in heavens does that stand for!?! Hehe, he laughed heartily when I told him it's for "Home, Sweet Home."

BACKSTORY: For my Christmas, being Ukrainian and never having put great store on the whole Giftmas thing (we care more about the food and the being-togetherness), I made a whole bunch of goodies for our potluck gifting that my Uncle Paul developed. We used to give little individual presents, but potluck gifting is so fun! Aunt Maria married Uncle Paul only 4 years ago, shortly after they bought a house together from a friend of his. What with 7 bedrooms and an indoor pool (despite being a serious fixer-upper), we do Christmas at their place. So, Uncle Paul sets out all the presents on the dining table while everyone is in the living room and then we draw numbers from a hat to decide the selection order. Each person gets 10 seconds to pick something from the table. It gets kinda kooky after that! Like Uncle Paul's son, Peter, wearing his new swimming goggles and hair barette with a drink-umbrella in his teeth!

Anyways, I had made some fabric mushroom ornaments which I don't have pictures of and some super-awesome multi-fabric pot-grabbers! Also called pot-holders, hot-pots, hot-pads, and who knows what else. Here's pictures of the ones I kept:My Mom took two, and my Uncle Wally took two, and my cousin Rissa's friend Paul took two, and I totally don't recall who else :P I know Mom and Uncle Wally absolutely love them because they're super easy to use with no burning of fingers.

The last gift was for a 3 year old girl, the daughter of Todd's good friend, "B." We all call him B, so that's his name. She's a hilarious little git, a totally persnickety toddler. She got the ultimate in awesome: THE TWIRLY DRESS!Unfortunately, the straps are a little long and it kept falling off when she wore it Christmas Day :P So now it sits in her closet til my next visit to B's house. The gathering was a total B1T(H, but overall not a difficult project. I did put the third row upside down, but after tearing off the second row (which had been inside out), I was done with my stitch-ripper. I am forever indebted to Vegbee on Craftster who has the tute on her special tutorials blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment